So This is Your First Camping Trip!Scouts and Parents: If this is your first camping trip with the troop, here's a few things you need to know:
1. We meet at the scout buildings on Fridays at 6 pm. We'll load the trailers and leave promptly thereafter. So don't be late!
2. ALL Scouts and registered Leaders are to be in Full Class A Scout uniform for the both the trip to camp and back. This includes the following: Scout shirt, Scout Pants, Neckerchief, Neckerchief slide, scout belt, scout socks and Scout hat (We have a uniform bank if you need any of these items.)
3. Check the forecast, pack appropriately and be PREPARED to enjoy the weekend.
4. Scouts do not need tents as they sleep together in Patrol Tents. (Registered Leaders can either share an adult tent or bring theirs if they must.)
5. We return on Sunday mornings around 10 am, but this can vary. We will attempt to update the calandar or your scout may use a Leader's phone to update you on his return.
6. Scouts who become ill during the week and are unable to camp, MUST notify their PATROL LEADER, not a Registered Leader, to inform the troop. This is a boy run program and Patrol Leaders have responsibilities they need to maintain. There is also a tab on the right side of the "adventure" on the website where you can let everyone know you have a change of plans. This will automatically send a text to those who need to know.
7. Scouts who are not Patrol Leaders or Senior Scouts, are NOT PERMITTED to bring CELL PHONES to camp (see the Troop's Cell phone policy for details).
8. Finally, patrols decide on their camp menus in advance of the weekend and are in agreement as to what they want to eat, so scouts are not permitted to bring any additional food or meals.
Welcome new Scouts and Families!Welcome to Troop 101! As you can tell already, we're a very active organization and the need to communicate to our scouts and families is essential.
First, Scouts are to attend all meetings and events in FULL UNIFORM: Scout Shirt, Scout Pants, neckerchief, neckerchief slide, scout socks, scout belt, and Scout hat (we have a uniform bank if you need any of these.)
To help you and your scout, we regularly post all of our events on this website.
Sign up for access. Log in or Register in the Upper right corner of this "Home Page."
Then click the arrows to expand the windows. When you do, you'll notice the "weather" tab and "are you going" tabs on the right as well as a suggested "packing list" for your scout.
Now scroll to the "Program Tools" and click on the "Calendar." Scroll to the bottom right corner and click on the "+Google Calendar" tab on the bottom to link our calendar to yours. Now you'll always know what's going on with the troop.
Now that you have the basics down, venture around the site, and see all that's available to you and your scout.
Remember to remind your scout it is his responsibility to stay informed and keep informed as we're here to help him to grow into an independent and self sufficient young leader in a safe learning environment. His Patrol Leader is his guide and mentor. Remind your scout to find him first with any questions he may have because his Patrol Leader knows EVERYTHING!
FREE BSA Physical for Troop 101 Scouts
Dr. Puet and staff will again be providing FREE physical exams for Troop 101 Scouts and Leaders on June 14th from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm for those who wish to have them done. Please complete Parts A and B and bring any pertinent information necessary for completing Part C.
These exams, Part A, B and C, are mandatory for attendance for Summer Camp as well as our August trip to the Laurel Highlands area.
The form can be downloaded here. Parents will need to be in attendance with their scout in order to complete the exam, so plan on staying during the meeting. We will have your old forms available if you need any information from them.